Saturday 31 May 2014

IDEA MAKING PART 1

Coming up with your own ideas seems to be something photographers/artists either find extremely difficult or really easy!

I think of myself and my idea process as somewhere in the middle of that where I like to come up with ideas but processing them to reality is often difficult. I often like location scouting or having a weird concept in mind. 

I recently bleach two of my friends hair at the same time and they both ended up with platinum blonde hair. I immediately came up with the idea of them being twins, but then again, almost incestuous together. Although they aren't actually related, they do look similar, just with both having platinum white hair and blue eyes and similar skin tones, I wanted to make them pose together to be a little bit disturbingly incest but at the same time beautiful in doing so.

I guess this is an influence of Postmodernism and Modernism together, where I'm examining the characters and making the unnatural thing they're partaking in seem beautiful.

I wanted the photos to be quite close in frame, showing their closeness.

I also wanted it to look really natural, so I wanted the models to be naked, or at least look as naked as possible.

More thinking will have to come into this though. Location isn't set. I'd like the location to not depict the scene but at the same time help a little bit, even if it's just in the design of the frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment